Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Momentary Monday: January 11, 2009


This is Stephanie.
She's a bad-ass because I say she is, and a lady because she deserves that title.
Stephanie is sixteen. And related to me. I admire her, and today she's going to draw our attention to sit-ups and crunches.
I went home for the winter holidays, and began to think, "When was the last time I did a crunch? I know my abs are strong, but can they be stronger?" Yes, they can. They always can.
This year is about doing the things I already know I should be doing. Following my own advice. Following my "motherly" advice. Ya know--the "be safe and make good choices" advice.
If I hear it enough times, I'll do it. That's what this blog is about, blogoworld!
So, today, re-teach yourself how to do a crunch, a sit-up. See this kick-ass sixteen-year-old doing it, and do it for yourself. Do twenty of them. It's good for you. :)



Support your neck, do not strain it. Place your fingertips along your hairline. Use your abdomen to pull your body up, not your neck muscles. That's just painful.



Pull your stomach down to the floor, begin to pull yourself up.



Whoa! Way to go! You pulled yourself all the way up! You're such a big girl now!

Don't forget to make this face. It says, "Ugggghhhh."
P.S. Want to make your sissy girl crunches harder? On the Up, twist your body to the right. Return to the ground, pull yourself up, and twist yourself to the left. Your working the various muscle groups in your abdomens. It hurts, but it's good for you.
This Monday, do twenty crunches!
A small beginning is still a beginning!

No comments: