Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Soapbox Sunday: Love Conquers All

Know how I've been confessing my fear of a scale lately? Well, I brought this issue up with Watson the other day, and she simply said, "Well, if you are, in fact, running away from the scale--at least you're burning calories."

Obviously, she was no help at all.

But we talked about it, we joked about it, and it suddenly wasn't so terrifying anymore. And gosh darnit, if I didn't hop on up and see a total weight loss of five pounds! I was pretty excited. I realized that I was so terrified of the scale because any failure on its part was a direct expression of my own failure, my own apathy, my own not being all that I can be. It's a huge pat on the back, a strong reassurance, to know that my "not my best" is still going where I want it to go.

Furthermore, it's a huge pat on the back to know I can go farther. I'm really happy in my life right now. I have fascinating people around me, healthy habits that fuel me, and lots of great things to look ahead to. Way to go, Life!

No comments: