Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Things Thin Girls Know: Katie Moss

Hey All! Today's Thin Girl is the FASCINATING Katie Moss, currently from College Station, Texas! Katie and I went to high school together, and she is just one of those girls that I love to be with. She's got her life together, her world evolves, and she's fascinating. Effervescense. What can I say? The lady's got it. Read on. And take especial note of the "DO NOT PUT JUNK FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE," part. This is my own personal law. :)



What advice would you give to anyone losing weight?

First of all, don’t put yourself on a diet. Make a lifestyle change. Forcing yourself to refrain from eating a certain food group is horrible and can only lead to a midnight run to the local grocery store in search of anything and everything sugary and calorie-laden. Change the way you eat. Eat from each of the food groups, but only in moderation. Consume four or five small meals throughout the day, instead of larger meals three times a day. This will make you full longer and keep you from overeating.

Make conscious decisions about what you’re eating. Start looking at the nutrition labels and serving sizes on food to see how many calories, fat grams, sugars, and carbs are in that particular food. I never realized how many calories I was actually consuming until I started keeping track of them.

Also, when trying to lose weight, exercise is very important. Exercising is so much fun for me. I love running, lifting weights, kickboxing, pilates; pretty much anything active. I feel as if I’ve accomplished something great when I finish a workout. I feel refreshed, energized, and more positive. However, I do realize that the majority of people do not share this attitude toward working out. For many, working out is more like a horrible chore. To make exercising a more enjoyable task, find a workout partner that will encourage and challenge you. Also, find an activity that you like to do. If you absolutely hate running, then don’t run. Find something that interests you. If you like to dance, try a hip hop, or kickboxing class at the local gym. If you’re more athletic, try a cardio, weight lifting, or step-class. Make exercising a routine. It makes you feel great and will definitely produce results.

Live a little. If you want that piece of chocolate cake, go ahead and eat it. Don’t feel guilty. Just tell yourself that you’ll do better the next day.


How do you feel about your body?

For the most part, I’m happy with my body. However, I do know that at 5’0”, I definitely have to pay close attention to what I eat and how much I work out because I know that extra weight will definitely show up on me since I’m so small. Although I am in very good shape from running every day, I must admit that I definitely miss my high school body that was solid muscle from working out twice a day. I’m currently trying to become more toned, especially since summer is quickly approaching! Also, I’m hoping to run a half marathon with some of my friends next fall.




What is the one habit you swear by?

DON’T KEEP JUNK FOOD IN YOUR HOUSE! Bottom line: If it’s not in your pantry, you won’t be tempted to eat it. I must shamefully admit that a few weeks ago, I ate a big bag of M&Ms in three to four days. Gross, I know. When it comes to chocolate, I have absolutely no willpower. Instead of stocking your pantry with chips, cookies, candy, etc., find healthier alternatives. Believe it or not, there are healthy foods that taste good! To satisfy your sweet tooth, make a smoothie with low fat yogurt and fresh fruit.

For a savory snack, try low-fat cheese and sliced avocado on multi grain crackers. These yummy options will leave you more satisfied than the empty calories in junk food, and will also be lower in calories. By cleaning all of the unhealthy foods from your pantry, the temptation to snack on fatty foods will become nonexistent.




What are you fascinated with?

Now that I only have a year left in college, I have become fascinated with the future, and the many wonderful opportunities that are available to me. I have learned so many things about life, love, and careers from my friends, experiences, and professors while in college. Now, I am starting to see many of my friends move on to bigger and better things- whether it be a career, marriage, or a new adventure. I am so excited that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and cannot wait to find out what new and exciting things are in store for me in the near future!

No comments: