Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blips and Quips

This post is more "blip," than it is "quip." :)

I endured a particularly cathartic day today--following a partly particularly lethargic yesterday. I recognized my funk by asking myself what I did yesterday, and not actually, really remembering. Haziness is a great sign that my body is not functioning at maximum potential.p

So, I promised myself that I would jump (yes, literally--jump) during every commercial break. Titanic is playing on TNT right now-- there are a LOT of commercial breaks.

Well, guess what, my lovelies? I remembered, once again, that I am entirely capable of determining my happiness, and that I am entirely capable of pulling myself out of my own funky moods. These moods often spiral into a series of unhappy choices--I forgoe my typical exercise for the day, and tend to put more food into my body than I actually need or am used to. I trick myself into thinking that it's a one-day deal, and it's not. That mindset is a subtle, quiet shift into a previously unhealthy and unaccountable lifestyle. And regardless of the reason, I am accountable for my own happiness, I am responsible and capable enough to take care of me. So, I do it. I wake back up, and tune back in.

And right now? I feel great. So next time you are suffering a bout of self-doubt, self-pity, and self-crappiness, move your body. Make a single, strong, positive choice, and many more will follow.

No comments: