Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Things Thin Girls Know

This week's Thin Girl is a Miss Mary Schrader currently of St. Bonaventure, New York! Mary just spent the summer interning at the National Archives in Washington D.C. and spends her time being the epitome of the young, smart, quirky, beautiful American Girl. Here's what she has to say about staying fit, happy, and healthy.


Be positive and, most importantly, smart about your task. If you want to lose weight make sure you’re doing it for the right reason and going about it in a smart and healthy way.
One word: Confident.
Qualifier: I’m also a typical girl that has those bloated, period days where I feel like a beachball in a pair of pants… a sexy beachball.

Conclusion: Confidence is your best friend and greatest accessory (yes, it beats out a piece of arm candy). I’m confident in my body because I accept it for what it is and know I look damn good!

Have fun while losing weight! Don’t get so caught up in the seriousness of it all. My favorite thing about living healthy at school is that one of my best friends goes through it all with me. We go to the gym together and talk/laugh while doing our cardio workout (laughing while doing crunches is a serious workout); we support eachother in consuming those green veggies; and we thouroughly enjoy eating brownie sundaes together as a reward for all of our hard work.

This is an amazing blog. It’s real women and real life. None of that fake airbrushed ads in magazines.

No comments: