Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soapbox Sunday: Gettin' in the Groove of Things




You cannot make any rational decisions in the comfort of your couch.

You just can't. It becomes nearly impossible to convince yourself to take your hand out of the Tostitos bag (even when they don't even belong to you), or to get up and work out to your Jillian Michaels Thirty-Day Shred video, or even just to exert the energy it would require to get my own butt in bed.

I just can't do that from my couch.

Thank God I know it now.

My journey to a healthier, slimmer me has to do with making good decisions. I discover my "pitfalls," recognize them, and just stay away from them. It's the easiest way to not make a bad choice. It's the easiest way to continuously make good ones.

Speaking of couches--did anyone else used to want inflatable furniture when they were in their teens??

No comments: