Tip of the Week

Roll with the punches! Life is gonna smack you right in the face when you don't expect it. If you're head's on straight, you're certainly gonna handle it just fine. Roll with it. Complain a little bit, and let it go.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Watson Wednesdays! Attitude

Watson's Word to the Wise!

Ever have those days where it feels like you're trudging up a huge hill, knowing that you have to get to the top, but you have uncomfortable shoes on, it's icy, and your nose is running all over your face?

*Sigh*

That's what today feels like.

The worst part of it? There's no specific reason for me to feel so downtrodden. It's just the kind of day where all of life's small and not so small problems have come a-knockin'.

So what do you do when you're generally having a crummy day, but you have to go to work, deal with people, and generally function as a human being?


It's not easy, especially when your job requires you to work with space-case nit-wits with no concept of retail etiquette. On this particular day one such nit-wit is holding twenty tangled bras in her hand, generously offering them to me since she, "just doesn't like bras without push up." After some difficulty I suppress my initial impulse to bite her face off and instead smile politely taking the mound of bras which she's so generously tangled like a ball of yarn. As she prances out of the fitting room, I take a second to envision the kharmaic ass kicking that will most certainly befall her, take a breath, and start hanging them up. I'm way too cute to go to jail.

I hate these steep icy hill days, but I also know that they are the days that most define my character. I wouldn't be the capable individual that I am if I didn't have to push through from time to time. So stop, take a breath, and look ahead. Tomorrow is always better.

No comments: